Will MEGA be supported eventually?

Nyarly

Question

First of all, this product sounds great! This is something I've been looking for for quite some time. I especially like that one can bundle multiple providers via DrivePool as I've collected lots of cloud space from several providers. As soon as I get home (to fetch my activation ID), I'll get a license.

But now to my question: Is there a reason why MEGA (https://mega.co.nz/) is not supported? And will it be eventually?

7 answers to this question

Well, the Beta includes the normal 30 day, fully featured trial. No need to commit to buying now (but there is a reward for doing so!).

The list of providers we've included by default are the main, well know providers. Since this is a public beta, we can definitely add additional providers.

As for Mega, it does appear to have an SDK for accessing their services, so it may be possible to add a provider.

I've flagged the request for Alex (in addition to including the SDK link to him).

Mega is on the queue list, so we'll look into adding it. 

However, this won't happen until after there is a stable release of StableBit CloudDrive, and new stable builds for the other products. 

Is there an ETA next quarter end of the year end of next year? Not trying to sound pesky I'm new around here and just looking for as much information as possible. Thanks again for making such a great product. 

Is there an ETA next quarter end of the year end of next year? Not trying to sound pesky I'm new around here and just looking for as much information as possible. Thanks again for making such a great product. 

Sorry, no, we don't have a specific ETA.  

However, I do apologize for not letting you know our "plan" for this. I usually post it, and I probably assumed that you'd found it elsewhere, so let me say it here. 

We are not planning on adding any additional providers until the next version (a 1.1+ release).  

However, we don't have a stable release yet, but we are in the RC phase.  Right now, we're finishing up some behind the scenes stuff to get ready for a stable release.  

Once we're finished with that, we plan on going back to StableBit Scanner and StableBit DrivePool.  Neither product has had a stable release ... in a year or more, in a large part because of StableBit CloudDrive (we are a very small company with limited resources, and StableBit CloudDrive turned out to be a lot more complex and complicated than anticipated). 

Once we have a stable release for all three products, then we plan on going back to StableBit CloudDrive and going through our master list of requested providers, and add the ones that we can support. As well, as start adding new/requested features. 

We'd love to give this an ETA, but we would rather take our time and do it right, than rush to meet a deadline.  

That said, adding some of the providers should be trivial, with the longer part being the stability and performance testing for the providers. 

I'd love to get a time frame here, but given the nature of some of the tasks for StableBit DrivePool and StableBit Scanner, it really is hard to do so.  Some of those features are ReFS related, and that may be very time consuming.