SSD Optimizer-plugin forgets its settings after a while

Ac3M

Question

Hi. Recently acquired a bunch of SSDs which I added to the pool.

One of the first things I did was to configure the SSD Optimizer-plugin so that it wouldn't fill them up entirely.

First I selected the drives from the list after clicking on the plugin from the list.

Secondly I set the parameters to 75% SSD "fill-up" and "drives", and the "Or this much free space" to about 50 GB.

However, after a few minutes, these settings are reset to default again.

At first I didn't even notice it on my main server, but as I moved some disks to another puter and added the SSD to the pool there (and set it up the same way), I noticed that it was over-filling it, so I went to check the settings, and found that they were at default.

As I had some hardware problems (with both computers) I though nothing of it, and thought that perhaps it was due to reboots that the data hadn't been saved.

But now when everything has calmed down and I added the change, and then went back a couple of hours later (No reboot, no errors), I found that it didn't even save it.

If I change stuff, press Save (and it exits) and I return to the settings they're still there. But a while longer, maybe 10-20 minutes they're gone.

Why the hell is that? It's the same on both puters.

I run both on full admin account, no UAC (Disabled via registry) so I think it can't be that.

Also running latest update v2.3.3.1505

Another thing that I noticed after a while after I ran the remote control feature a couple of days ago. It stopped working after a while.

At first one of the computer stopped listing the other. At first only in DrivePool, then the same in Scanner.

One one of the computers which has two NICs list itself 3 times, so something must be screwed up there.

Since I'm using a remote desktop it hasn't bothered me much and it's actually quite convenient to have two desktops that shows the DrivePool's control panel.

Thought it might be relevant perhaps...

Edit: Also tried installing the "DrivePool.AllInOnePlugin.Setup_1.0.0.2_x64.msi" and it's the exact same thing. Some time passes, then it defaults the settings.

Thought that I'd might find a config file that handled these settings, but I didn't find any. Haven't looked in Windows registry yet.

3 answers to this question

Nope, no reset.

As I wrote (actually edited my first post a couple of minutes ago - Just saw your reply), I tried to find where the DrivePool app stores the settings for the plugins, so if you could point to where I can perhaps go from there if there's any permissions that's gone wrong or something..?