Download disk from Cloud to local mounting

albur

Question

Hi, Google workspace says that i have to download all the data because my account is going to be restricted, virtual disk is not quick enough to download everything in time, if i donwload the whole folders in the cloud could i mount it in local storage?

thank you

6 answers to this question

As far as I know it'd need to be converted to be mountable locally and the current tool doesn't support GoogleDrive (only Amazon and DropBox). I don't know if there are plans to update the tool for GD. @Christopher (Drashna) I can find this https://community.covecube.com/index.php?/topic/2879-moving-clouddrive-folder-between-providers/#comment-19900 but it doesn't indicate whether it ended up being possible?

23 hours ago, Shane said:

As far as I know it'd need to be converted to be mountable locally and the current tool doesn't support GoogleDrive (only Amazon and DropBox). I don't know if there are plans to update the tool for GD. @Christopher (Drashna) I can find this https://community.covecube.com/index.php?/topic/2879-moving-clouddrive-folder-between-providers/#comment-19900 but it doesn't indicate whether it ended up being possible?

Thank you, would be great to have this tool for other providers, there is a lot of changes in the services right now and it's the only way to migrate in a fast way

It isn't (yet?) mentioned in the changelog, but it apparently has been added in the recent beta:

I also suggest reading through the rest of the linked thread in case any of the other posts in it are relevant to your situation.

On 7/14/2023 at 10:11 AM, Harrr said:

Is there hope to get a tool? 

Google is pulling the trigger here as well and I'm unsure if I can get everything...

beta version: 

* [Issue #28770] Added the ability to convert Google Drive cloud drives stored locally into a format compatible with the Local Disk provider.
    - Use the "CloudDrive.Convert GoogleDriveToLocalDisk" command.