Neil

Neil

Question

5 answers to this question

19 hours ago, Christopher (Drashna) said:

Open up the UI, and you should see a "missing disk" listed in the UI.  Remove the missing disk, and it should return to a normal state. 

Thanks, is there a way to know if the data on the drive was safe or lost without searching for specific files.

I have duplication enabled but I’m not 100% sure the duplication process completed before the drive failed .

Unfortunately, no.  StableBit DrivePool doesn't keep a list of all the files on the pool and their locations. 

However, In StableBit DrivePool's UI, the pool icon (top left corner) should have a list of feedback/notications.  That should include messages like "Complete:  Ensure file consistency on pool" type messages, if the duplication pass completed. 

Thank you, I’ve removed the drive and the pool is seemingly back to a normal state but is “balancing” and has been in this state for many days and does not seem to change. 
The data consumption does not appear to be equally balanced across all drives and the read and write activity on the pool does not seem to be doing anything except a small blip every few seconds but no visible read and write activity beyond that.

The pool seems to still be unwritable and the only errors I can see is some drive degradation warnings on a couple of drives but nothing explicit.

any help to getting the pool writable again would be very much appreciated.

thanks !

In the DrivePool GUI, try Manage Pool -> Re-measure...

If that doesn't help, you might need to try resetting DrivePool to its default settings (and then re-apply your preferred settings): in the GUI, top-right, Cog icon -> Troubleshooting -> Reset all settings...

Also, check that you are able to read and write normally to each drive that is part of the pool - perhaps a benchmark utility (e.g. CrystalDiskMark) to check if any of your drives are performing poorly (which can be indicative of other issues).