Restarting after 4 months of Failed Backups

Alfonso Maria Marzano

Question

I've just been hired as a sysadmin consultant in a software development company, and realized their backups have been failing since January because StableBit CloudDrive had shutdown improperly and needed to be unlocked to mount.

After the unlock procedure it went into a 5 hour recovery process, and is now trying to upload ~1.6TB of data.
CloudDrive was the only Backup Path configured in Acronis so we have no local backup copies.

I'd like to start a backup as soon as possible but since google throttled our upload speed it looks like we won't regain access to the drive for at least 8 more hours.

Is there a way i can stop the upload process while deleting old data? Since the last backup was in January they are completely useless and it feels like we're just wasting bandwidth.

Thanks in advance

UPDATE: The upload process is now completely stuck since we've reached the 750GB/day Google Drive Limit

1 answer to this question

IF the cloud drive is being used solely for that useless backup and nothing else, then you could just destroy the cloud drive and start a fresh one?

Alternatively, this entry in the manual might be of help? It looks like you could stop the clouddrive service, manually delete/move the local cache, then restart the service and reattach the clouddrive? I'd test with a dummy setup first though.

You can also contact the developers directly via https://stablebit.com/Contact