Stuck at 0% Balancing

ALB

Question

Can't write to the drive, says it's full. Been stuck in this 0.0% balancing since yesterday. Rebooted yesterday too. Drive lights churning. Nothing changing. 

I've not edited my balancer settings, just turned it on. Been running fine for a couple months. The markers and data bars look very strange to me.

Appreciate any help!

image.thumb.png.24e78a979bc103152d027715345df9b4.png

image.png.d59d7e5ee06ea3ebd416b0dda3177cc7.png

4 answers to this question

Hmm. Seems like StableBit Scanner thinks the drive is bad, but chkdsk isn't finding anything wrong. My guess is that's what's up with the balancing, it's trying to remove the files off the drive but running out of room. 

Any thoughts as to why Scanner thinks there's an issue but chkdsk doesn't see it / can't fix it?

It seems to see an issue with ALL drives, as it wants to empty all of them (the blue marker at the beginning is the target where it wants to see the fill state of the drive). Of course it gets stuck at 0% as it has no place to move the data too, as it wants to empty all drives at once. Seems like a bug to me, you should open a support ticket. Disabling the Stablebit Scanner Balancer plugin should solve the issue temporarily.

Hey @lvau, I think the light-blue marker denotes where it wants to go? I'm not sure what the dark-blue one is for. Seems like it's there sometimes, and not there other times.

Either way, after removing and replacing the "failing" drive, it's getting there.

image.thumb.png.fe0de7d7d01d9b6702b45e5e7da43e52.png

On 5/11/2023 at 4:27 PM, ALB said:

Hey @lvau, I think the light-blue marker denotes where it wants to go? I'm not sure what the dark-blue one is for. Seems like it's there sometimes, and not there other times.

Either way, after removing and replacing the "failing" drive, it's getting there.

image.thumb.png.fe0de7d7d01d9b6702b45e5e7da43e52.png

How did you get this dark theme? I don't see it anywhere in settings..  Never mind, I got it after manually downloading the latest version. Strange. I'd assume it would upgrade without issues by itself?