Problems since upgrading to 2.5.1.3062

WantStuff

Question

Hi,

I've just upgraded from 2.4.0.2929 to 2.5.1.3062 and I am now having the following issues. These were not experienced previously.

First:
I am unable to activate it as it reports "License not found for this machine". I have now activated the 30-Day trial and raised support ticket #304033.

Second:
I am now getting warnings that my OS SSD is exceeding it's maximum operating temperature of 0°C!

Full warning...

S.M.A.R.T. is not predicting imminent failure of this disk. However, the drive is running hot at a temperature of 27°C which exceeds its maximum operating temperature of 0°C. This could damage the drive and significantly shorten its lifespan.

At the bottom of the SMART screen it shows...

Using 'Intel 520/525/530 Series SSD' interpretation rules.
From 01/05/2015 17:36:27

Tried:

1. Clicking the "Update" link at the bottom of the SMART screen to update the interpretation rules. I can see that the datetime changed.
  2. Twice tried the full 'blitz' approach in Q8964978 and performed a clean install.
  3. Rebooted several times.

Workarounds:

• License issue: I have activated the 30-Day trial.
  • Overheat warnings: I have manually set the "Override maximum temperature" field in the Disk Settings screen. However, the status still reports "Waiting to scan (too hot)".

Running Windows Server Essentials 2012 R2

1 answer to this question

I've responded to the licensing issues in your ticket, so you should be able to activate properly now.

As for the SMART stuff, I've also responded in the ticket, but I'll post it here as well:

As for the SSD, could you check the SMART data for the drive?

It may not be getting temperature data properly, and listing it as 0C instead of as a null value.
Or our "rules" for this particular model may be inaccurate.

On the SMART Details window for the SSD, scroll to the bottom and check the "Submit to BitFlock" option.
After a minute or two, it should generate an 8 digit ID. Post that ID here.
This will send us a copy of the raw SMART data, and we can see about fixing this issue.

And I see that you have configured the settings, but it's still having issues.

In this case, set the temp to -16, and see if that helps (we have a 10-15C "buffer" configured in the Scanner settings, that is probably preventing this).

If that doesn't help, then open the Scanner Settings. Go to the "Heat" tab, and uncheck ... well, all the options that you can on that page ("Use manufacturer ...." and "Equalize disk temperatures").
This should allow it to scan properly.