BSOD Creating Symlink/Junction on Pool

nevergrownup

Question

Is anybody else getting a blue screen of death creating a symlink or junction on a pool in the latest betas? I'm running Server 2012 R2  and build 615 of DrivePool and I get a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION whenever I try to create a junction or symlink. I reverted back to the last official release (build 561) and it works correctly again. Not sure on what build the BSOD behavior started. Getting ready to keep trying newer versions until the the problem recurs. Just wondering if it's a problem isolated to me and my setup or if this is a more general problem.

6 answers to this question

Awesome, I appreciate the follow-up! I'm on build 606 for now so I'm fully functional. Let me know if you need any logs or crash dumps.

Fixed in build 616. :)

* [D] [issue #15572] Fixed crash on reparse point creation.

Specifically, the bug was due to a 'bad' import of code, and some bad handling of a failed reparse point creation.

Both issues are fixed, so you should be able to upgrade to it, and create them without the BSODs now.

If you still do see a BSOD, please let us know.