Asrock FM2A85X-ITX WHS2011 USB3.0

sspell

Question

I know usb 3.0 can cause problems but I can't find a controller driver that works for the asrock fm2a85-itx motherboard and whs2011. This has the new Hudson d4 chip. So I guess this will be an issue till drivers are available. I tried the win 7 64bit drivers from asrock they have etron and asmedia. I don't know which this chipset uses but neither work and asrock documentation is lacking.

5 answers to this question

Anyone get the amd A75 chipset to work usb 3.0 in whs2011.  This above motherboard with the A85X chipset apparently does not. AMD and Asrock driver support for this new chip is lacking. These are native usb 3.0 drivers to the chipset it provides 2 channels and 4 usb.

Update: I just disabled usb 3.0 in the bios the ports now run at usb 2.0 so until drivers are available that's how it'll be...

I know usb 3.0 can cause problems but I can't find a controller driver that works for the asrock fm2a85-itx motherboard and whs2011. This has the new Hudson d4 chip. So I guess this will be an issue till drivers are available. I tried the win 7 64bit drivers from asrock they have etron and asmedia. I don't know which this chipset uses but neither work and asrock documentation is lacking.

man, I've never seen an itx board with 8 sata 3 ports, why the heck would you even need USB 3 :P .  I was just looking at the downloads, are you sure that the usb controllers is not part of the amd chipset driver? They don't list a separate USB drive on the site for this MB.  

I'm sure customer support has been great with assisting, but any driver that works with win 7, is going to work on WHS 2011.  Its the same code.

edit,

Did you see this, was listed on one of the reviews on newegg, it may have been your review.

Manufacturer Response:

Dear ASRock Customer

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

For the USB 3.0, please download and install the AMD all in 1 driver at link " http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A85X-ITX/?cat=Download".

For the SATA ports, if drives are plugged to SATA3_5, SATA3_6, SATA3_7, please refer to user manual under page 47 at link http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A85X-ITX/?cat=Manual.

Try with another known good drive and SATA cable.

If you have any technical issues or warranty questions please contact our Tech Support at http://www.ASRock.com/support/tsd.asp. We can assist you shortly.

Thank you

ASRock SUPPORT

Tech Support Email: user@ASRockamerica.com

also, you can try installing the driver manually by going in to device manager, click on the usb 3 controller, should have the yellow x,  search for driver option, and find the drive folder in the AMD download. this driver looks very similar to the one for the HP Microserver,

\Allin1_Win8-64_Win8_Win7-64_Win7_Vista64_Vista(12.8)b.zip\Allin1(12.8)\Packages\Drivers\SBDrv\SB8xx\UsbFilter\W764A

yes the usb is native to the chipset I've tried all the drivers available with no luck. No that was not my review but I should give one so others would know what they getting into. I have not had any problems with the sata ports. using 6 of the 8 now. I just disabled the 3.0 usb and run the ports to 2.0 with no problem till they have good drivers available

Well I thank Mr_Smartepants for his post in my Non Rack Server that's what put me on to this board. And I have to say with the Richland A10 6700 apu this makes a rocking media server. I am very pleased with it and drive pool makes whs2011 a great server.