Duplication error "Access is Denied" Help??

rtech73

Question

8 answers to this question

Empty the recycle bin on the server/system.

The folder in question ($RECYCLE.BIN) is the hidden folder used for the recycle bin.

Otherwise, it may be an odd permissions issue with the folder in question.

That can be resolved by deleting the folder (when would empty the recycle bin), or by changing the permissions on the folder.

Also, if you wouldn't mind doing this:

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_2.x_Log_Collection

And duplicate the issue.

Also, do you have any antivirus installed on the system?

And could you do this: http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Q2159701

And we are planning on fixing the feedback on issues like this, to be more meaningful and helpful

I think I may have created a new user name when signing in on my phone. Ah well.

Here is the tricky part. The recycle bin is empty and I can not find any of those files on the pool drive. Is it possible that they are remnants on an individual drive separate from the pool? (Ie a drive that is connected to the pool, but these hidden files are somehow remnants of their use before being put on the pool?). That's my problem. If I could find these files I know how to change permissions, etc. I'll do the log when I get back to the server. No antivirus on the sever (except defender built in)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the folder exists out side of the PoolPart folder, we don't care about it. It's not part of the pool structure, and it is ignored (other than counted as "other" data). 

However, the $RECYCLE.BIN folder is a hidden folder by default. And more importantly, marked as a system file. You'll need to enable the "Show hidden files" option, as well as disable the "hide protected operating system files" option to be able to see the folder.

If the folder exists out side of the PoolPart folder, we don't care about it. It's not part of the pool structure, and it is ignored (other than counted as "other" data). 

However, the $RECYCLE.BIN folder is a hidden folder by default. And more importantly, marked as a system file. You'll need to enable the "Show hidden files" option, as well as disable the "hide protected operating system files" option to be able to see the folder.

Yes, I can get to the $RECYCLE.BIN folder using the process you describe.   The problem is, none of the files or directories DrivePool is complaining about are in there!   That's what's frustrating me.

Here is the result of the second part of your message:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]
© 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>fltmc

Filter Name                     Num Instances    Altitude    Frame
------------------------------  -------------  ------------  -----
SiFilter                                        429998.99   <Legacy>
WdFilter                               26       328010         0
luafv                                   1       135000         0
npsvctrig                               1        46000         0
FileInfo                               26        45000         0
Wof                                     0        40700         0

C:\Windows\system32>

Thank you for grabbing the logs.

To clarify ,the folders don't appear on the Pool, (at least not the ones in $RECYCLE.BIN)?

Do you have the option to show hidden and system files enabled? If not, that may by why.

Worst case, check the individual "PoolPart.xxxxxx" folder on each drive for the "$RECYCLE.BIN" folder, and delete them there.

I've flagged the issue for Alex (the developer), and he'll take a look into it.

ANd if you want, we can set up a remote support session, and I can take a look at the system directly. If you're okay with that, let me know.

Issue here:

https://stablebit.com/Admin/IssueAnalysis/14570

Try turning off the recycle bin for the pool.

To do so, go the the desktop, and right click on the "Recycle Bin" icon and select "Properties".

Find the pool drive (and maybe repeat this for the pooled disks) and select it. Then select the "Don't move files to the Recycle bin. Remove files immediately when deleted." option and hit "OK".

Then right click on the recycle bin again, and select "Empty Recycle Bin". 

If you're still having issues, then ... I'd like to set up a remote support session and see if I can resolve this directly, if possible.