Age of drives not accurate

spdrcr5

Question

I had 3 drives from when I first built my server.  I have slowly been replacing them and replaced 2 of these 3 remaining drives last weekend.  All 3 of them were 8+ yrs old but they are no longer showing their age.  It seems that Scanner has a maximum age of 7 yrs 364 days then it rolls over and begins again.  I know, I know... replace your drives why would you keep such old drives.  My reason?  They work!  Sure they were only 3TB but I added storage in open spots then got around to replacing these as needed and now I have one left that is showing an age of 26 days.  lol

I know not an "issue" per se but it is something that should be looked at as who knows what else it could affect.  I have another drive that will be replaced over the summer that is currently showing 7 yrs 324 days.  I guess I can watch it roll back to day 1 in a month.  lol  I took the screenshot before swapping out the drives.  

Larry

scanner.jpg

1 answer to this question