Need help with 2nd unwanted virtual drive.

billis777

Question

Hello guys, i purchased the drivepool software yesterday and i experience a small issue. I added 5 hdds in a pool and that created a big virtual drive in my computer consisting all hdds space together. The virtual drive was named "K". Then i opened the virtual drive in my computer and i copied files to it from a usb hdd. 5 minutes later i noticed in my computer another virtual drive was created on its own and was named "R" and had the same size and files i copied to the virtual drive "K" from the usb hdd.

Can you guys tell me why this is happening or if i did something wrong?

By the way, the virtual drive K is not in the pool anymore when i open the drivepool software but the virtual drive R is.
Also is it safe to keep transferring files to the virtual drive K if it's not listed in the pool anymore?

3 answers to this question

run "cmd /k mountvol" and post the results?

Apologies for jumping in here, but this doesn't seem worthy of its own thread. Is there any way of mapping the output from that command to the \device\harddisk... format that Microsoft use in some of their messages/event log entries (or vice versa, come to that)??

Apologies for jumping in here, but this doesn't seem worthy of its own thread. Is there any way of mapping the output from that command to the \device\harddisk... format that Microsoft use in some of their messages/event log entries (or vice versa, come to that)??

Not easily. IIRC, you can do so using WMI... but you'd need to use a WMI explorer, or become very literate in WMIC commands.

:(