Windows 10 compatibility?

thepregnantgod

Question

18 answers to this question

We have not officially checked because the OS is still in a state of flux. 

Initially, it was compatible, but one of the recent updates broke the compatibility.

So I'm not sure if it will work with newest OS yet.

Once Windows 10 has hit RC or RTM, we will do some heavy testing to make sure that DrivePool is compatible. But until then, we would recommend against it.

I wouldn't do it if your system is mission critical.   I'm chomping at the bit to do the upgrade myself (I have it on every other PC in the house) but my server has my home videos, my PLEX server, etc., and my family would kill me if that went down, so I'm not going Win10 until Alex or Christopher say its good to go!  :-)

Is it still safe to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to final 10 with DrivePool installed?

Yes.

I've done this on several production machines already (my NVR/blueiris box, specifically), and have had no issues with it, at all. 

Windows 10 is supposed to be really good about driver support, so there may not be any issues. But compiling with the Windows 10 SDK means that we can be sure of that, and it may reduce the driver's resource usage on Windows 10, and could make it faster when dealing with files.  There may also be new API's to use that are better.  

I wouldn't do it if your system is mission critical.   I'm chomping at the bit to do the upgrade myself (I have it on every other PC in the house) but my server has my home videos, my PLEX server, etc., and my family would kill me if that went down, so I'm not going Win10 until Alex or Christopher say its good to go!  :-)

You're probably safe, but I'd still hold off just in case.  Besides, we have a full year to perform the upgrade. So there is no rush. :)

Updated my server to windows 10. Had a backup of the OS just in case (needed to upgrade to a bigger SSD anyway). Everything worked absolutely perfectly. 24 HDs, 34TB of storage (2 eSATA external enclosures). Lots could have gone wrong but it worked without incident. I think it's probably safe to upgrade. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will there be a posting somewhere when this has been done?

Updated my server to windows 10. Had a backup of the OS just in case (needed to upgrade to a bigger SSD anyway). Everything worked absolutely perfectly. 24 HDs, 34TB of storage (2 eSATA external enclosures). Lots could have gone wrong but it worked without incident. I think it's probably safe to upgrade. :-)

Sorry for not responding to you!

We plan on pushing out an update after we have support for it and have tested it thoroughly.

We do have an internal beta build  (2.2.0.636) that includes Windows 10 support, but it hasn't been thoroughly tested yet.

I am having issues copying files on my drive pool in Windows 10. I am getting a BSoD with KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error. The error points to covefs.sys. Has anyone else had this issue?

You're the first.  Could you do me a favor? Upload the memory dump, so we can take a look at it:

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_System_Crashes

Zip the file up first, as it will save on upload time. 

Additionally, try this build:

http://dl.covecube.com/DrivePoolWindows/beta/download/StableBit.DrivePool_2.2.0.639_x64_BETA.exe