Incorrect Partion type infomartion (Disk Details) vs OS Device Manager

Beaker1024

Question

I have two of the same HDDs (WD Red 4tb).  I did the same method of formating w/WHS2011 (dashboard automatic so I got 2 partitions, etc...)

For some reason Scanner Disk Details sees the new one as MBR.  To check things I have RDP'd into WHS2011 and loaded the "OS Server Manager - Disk Manager" to see the HDDs.  The properties (Volume Tab) clearly says Partition Type = GUID Partiaion Table (GPT) for both of the WD Red 4tb drives.

Any ideas on why Scanner disk details shows a different format/partion type?

Don't know why but it's the reporting of Partion Type = MBR for the new one in Scanner that's bugging me the most.  I think it's likely really GPT (via the OS manager).

EDIT: Just remembered commandline "DiskPart" - "List Disks"

I did that in (RDPd) WHS2011 and got the * for all the HDDs except the OS drive which I know is not my new WD Red 4tb as the OS MBR (only non-GPT) drive is only 700GB and List Disk gives the sizes.

So the question is what's going on with Scanner drive details?

Other noticable differences with the 2 HDDs is "Signature" in disk details.  The new one is 0x0000000 and the older HDD is all different stuff.  (Is this a Scanner signature for BitFlock or such?)

post-1814-0-03352200-1426881799_thumb.jpg

post-1814-0-86933600-1426881803_thumb.jpg

3 answers to this question