Detect if rebalance is active from command line

phhowe17

Question

To save energy, I'd like to schedule my backup server to be power down most of the day and sleep when backups are complete.  I have enabled sleep on the system and have a scheduled task that wakes the box at 10 PM.  All the boxes that backup  are scheduled to start their backups about this time and take 1-3 hours depending.   The system powers down on idle.

With the system in sleep except for 3-4 hours a day, I'd rather the box didn't hibernate during a rebalance or measure.  Is there a way to

1. initiate a rebalance from the command line, and

2. check if one is running so I can script a shutdown when DrivePool is idle?

I've checked dpcmd and don't see anything there.  I've checked C:\ProgramData\StableBit DrivePool\Service\Logs\Service log files, but don't see anything, even when there is an balance running.

My system contains two pools a 16 TB pool with duplicate for home device backups, and a 135 TB pool which backs up my Plex library.  Running DrivePool v2.3.2.1493

Edit: I found an event in the service logs, but not too helpfull.  The pool goes PoolModeNoMeasure at the start of a rebalance listing the pool ID, the a Balancing pool parts event, and then when complete the pool goes back to PoolModeNormal.  This could be hard to script since the events could span log files.  There are no events in the Windows event log

[Rebalance] Setting Background I/O priority
[FsControl] Set overall pool mode: PoolModeNoMeasure (lastKey=Rebalance, pool=d5660952-83bd-4707-894c-484f1399dd2e)
[Rebalance] Balancing pool parts...
[Rebalance] Balance not critical.
[Rebalance]     (CriticalBalanceBytes=10,737,418,240B, BytesToBalance=4,123,275,783B)
[Rebalance]     (CriticalBalanceRatio=0.900, BalanceRatio=1.000)
[Rebalance]     (IsFilePlacementClean=True)
[Rebalance] Balance not critical.
[Rebalance]     (CriticalBalanceBytes=10,737,418,240B, BytesToBalance=4,123,275,783B)
[Rebalance]     (CriticalBalanceRatio=0.900, BalanceRatio=1.000)
[Rebalance]     (IsFilePlacementClean=True)
[FsControl] Set overall pool mode: PoolModeNormal (lastKey=Rebalance, pool=d5660952-83bd-4707-894c-484f1399dd2e)
Edited by phhowe17
Additional infomration

2 answers to this question