Can't "see" Drivepools on other machines

Chris Downs

Question

Hi,

Been using Drivepool and Scanner on two machines for a little while now and it's great. However, I've noticed that I cannot use the remote management on either local machine to look a the other remote machine status.

The drop-down list at the top of the Drivepool window (same applies to Scanner actually) only shows the local machine, and not the remote one. I have tried disabling all firewalls, but still no luck. Multicasting/Broadcasting is not blocked on my router either - only have packet-storm protection at 10Mbps or higher.

Any ideas? Both machines run Win7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Chris

4 answers to this question

This is probably a networking issue.

If needed, you can manually specify "peers" on the system.

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_2.x_Advanced_Settings#RemoteControl.xml

Once you've added the peers, restart the StableBit DrivePool Service, or reboot the system.

This is probably a networking issue.

If needed, you can manually specify "peers" on the system.

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_2.x_Advanced_Settings#RemoteControl.xml

Once you've added the peers, restart the StableBit DrivePool Service, or reboot the system.

Ah, thank you, a good work around. I can't work out why multicast discovery doesn't work though. I have a number of devices that use that, and they all work.

Thanks, all working using manual. I did notice that the port number in the XML comment says "27515" and "28515" for DrivePool and Scanner respectively, but 2x525 is what is actually used in both cases - 2x515 is not in use by anything else either. Typo?

Also, had to add the peers at both ends, otherwise I couldn't switch back to the local machine after connecting to the remote one.