SSD Optimizer Issue

Cottage4392

Question

Hello,

I have the SSD optimizer plug in turned on and have one of my SSDs marked as an SSD, however, whenever I download anything to my drive pool it doesn't download to the SSD first - it starts downloading to the hard drives. Is this the expected behavior?

I've attached a screenshot that shows a game being download from Steam to one of the archive drives (Disk 3) rather than the SSD (Disk 4)

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 15.04.38.png

Edited by Cottage4392
Adding screenshot

4 answers to this question

I would disable all the other balancers and see if it that fixes it. If so then you can add them back one by one, carefully considering whether you need them and the potential complications they bring, such as this issue, if in fact the issue is one of those other balancers.

Adding to note, that I'm seeing the same thing on a clean install (I'm on a Trial). I've done as suggested and disabled everything aside from the SSD Plugin and it's still going direct to HDD instead for my stuff 🤔

Reset everything to defaults, re-selected the SSD Plugin and set the drive again, still only going direct to HDD. Any other thoughts?

Not many. I don't currently use any plugins, but when I did, it was only the SSD plugin, and it pretty much worked, until it didn't, and then I guess I just stopped using it after a while.

Maybe you are skipping to the end of the SSD plugin journey?

I notice the OP has "File placement rules respect real time blah blah blah" unchecked. I'm pretty sure I always had that checked when it was working. But that may have nothing to do with it.