Scanner lost all Drive info after reboot

gtaus

Question

I am currently halfway in my trial period of Scanner. I now have 23 USB HDDs in my DrivePool. Over the past 2 weeks, Scanner has been slowly scanning the HDDs and reporting their health. So far, the drives are reporting healthy. I also figured out how to Custom Name my HDDs so that they make sense to me. I have my HDDs in DrivePool named DP01, DP02, DP03... DP23. So, Scanner with Custom Name and DrivePool were both using the same names for the HDDs. 

I shut down my server for some routine maintenance, no big deal. However, when I rebooted the server, all my Scanner HDD data seems to have been lost. Drives that had completed scanning and reported as healthy are back to 0% in scanning progress with no status on Health. Maybe even worse, all my Custom Names in scanner are back to the Default Name of the HDD so I will have to Custom Name each and every one of my 23 USB HDDs again.

This situation is a deal breaker. For some reason or another, I usually end up shutting down and restarting my server at least once a month. If Scanner loses all Drive data on each reboot, that is a major issue for me. Please let me know if this is normal operation of Scanner, or if there is some backup saved that can be used so I don't have to start from square one on each reboot. Any help appreciated.

1 answer to this question

Well, I never got a response on this issue of losing Drive names and progress on scanning of the drives after a reboot, but I have been reading this topic from posts from a few years ago and maybe it's just a continuing bug in the software. At any rate, I had a number of other issues with Scanner on my 20 USB HDD (82TB) DrivePool volume and ended up uninstalling Scanner after 3 weeks.

There are so many things to like about Scanner, and it worked just fine on my smaller 3 USB HDD (10TB) DrivePool volume, but I got massive slowdowns and hanging on my 20 USB HDD (82TB) DrivePool volume to the point where I was unable to use DrivePool as my home media server. I uninstalled Scanner last night, rebooted my server, and everything is back to working normally again.