How to display the drive name instead of the model number of the drive?

gtaus

Question

I have 20 USB HDDs in my DrivePool. They are named, DP01, DP02, DP03...DP20. In Scanner, under the "name" column, it displays the model number of the drive which is not helpful. i.e. I have multiple drives with model number "Seagate Expansion Desk SCSI Disk Device." I see there is an option to show the serial number, but again, for 20 HDDs, not so helpful. Is there a way to display my drives as DP01, DP02, etc... on the Scanner GUI? Thanks for any help.

1 answer to this question

Answering my own question...

In Scanner, if you right click on the default model number of the drive listed under the "Name" column, you have a pop up box option of "Disk Settings..." Click on that and select "Use a custom name" option in the next box. Then, simply rename your drive to whatever you want. In my case, I renamed my drives back to DP01, DP02, DP03, etc... Now I can make sense of the Scanner GUI with my 20 USB HDDs custom named to match my DrivePool naming convention.