License Transfer

sspell

Question

7 answers to this question

Why not just use the 30 day trial on WHS 2011? 

And if you like it then you can transfer your license from Windows 8 to WHS 2011.  You don't need to buy another license unless you plan on running on both machines past the trial period.

What Doug said.  The trial is fully featured. If you decide you want to transfer it, you can deactivate it on the original machine, and then activate the licenses on the "new" machine.

And to answer the other question, the license is valid for any version of the product. Not just to the WHS version, or the Windows version. 

For the life of me I could not figure out how to deactivate drive pool for the license transfer. I knew there had to be a way. After following all the instructions I still did not see the deactivate dialog box next to the license. We'll anyway I finally thought since some of the license text was not spaced properly that my display setting may be the problem. And sure enough I had the text settings at 125% and setting back to 100% cured that problem. I don't know if I would call that a bug but I have seen other programs do that. Windows 8 handles the dialog boxes much better when text is expanded just not in this case. It had me scratching my head for a while though.

I've tried the release version on whs 2011. I was not as impressed with the dashboard integration after using the latest beta with the drive pool interface. I like version 2.0.0.320 beta interface that's what I'm using with whs 2011 with an extra copy on a client machine as remote control this seems to me the best experience with drive pool. Less clutter and easy, easy, easy and did I say fast. I did not like the dashboard setup just me. What problems did any of you have with the latest beta seems to be working great so far. I have not tried any backups yet. added: backups work fine I have yet to do a restore.

The License management stuff should be in the actually settings of the dashboard, just click that, and there should be a "DrivePool" section, and in that, a "Manage License" link.

However, I agree, the 2.0 UI is a lot better, and a lot cleaner.  Thankfully, it works with WHS2011 as well. :)

Worst case for the license "release", is you can contact us and we can do it. (http://stablebit.com/Contact).

Regards