SMART data interpretation

Carsten

Question

I didn't find any information about the SMART data dialog and its interpretation.

Questsion I have are:

* Some attributes have a green background. Which is the meaning?

* How to read the precentages?

* How to read the bar graph? It is some red bar and a black bar.

* It is possible to see the attribute id?

* Termperature is logged and there is a graph. Is there also a graph and history for other attributes (would be fine).

1 answer to this question

• I believe these are the values that the Manufacturer indicates are critical values.
  • These percentages are based on the manufacturer's minimum and "threshold" values. 
  • These are also based on the manufacturer's minimum and threshold values. If you mouse over the bars, it will actually list the values so you can see what they are.
  • You mean the RAW SMART data? If so, then no, there isn't a way to see this in StableBit Scanner. If you download the "DirectIO Test" utility, you can see this. However, for the most part, there isn't a need to see it, as we display the data in a much more meaningful (read: human readable) way.

http://community.covecube.com/index.php?/topic/36-how-to-contribute-test-data/

• The graphs that you see for the temparture are actually stored on disk, IIRC.

As for a historical view of the other values, we actually do plan on implementing something like that soon.