Is there a way to temporarily turn off DrivePool on client computer(s)?

gtaus

Question

I recently had a DrivePool HDD start to have problems on my home server and I was getting corrupted file error messages. i had DrivePool remove that HDD. Then I attempted to take that HDD to one of other client computers which run the DrivePool application for monitoring the server. When I attached the HDD to my client computer, it starts up another DrivePool on my client computer, which interferes with my ability to run diagnostic and repair programs on the HDD. I get locked out of certain repair functions because the computer tells me that drive is in use (by DrivePool). 

Is there a way to temporarily shut off DrivePool on my client computer(s) so I can attach a DrivePool drive to work on it? I stopped the DrivePool services in Task Manager, but that did not turn off DrivePool and the drive was still being reported as in use by DrivePool in my client computer. I used to have a computer without the DrivePool application on it, but that computer died. I am hoping there is an easy way to stop the DrivePool services/program on the client computer short of having to uninstall the DrivePool program. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet