• Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Drive must have died is there a way to tell what was on it?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 singatdcds

singatdcds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:59 AM

Ah, I see. It's really just a matter of "do you have enough space". Cool! I certainly do so I am glad I'm not missing anything. DP plus online backup for the MOST critical stuff like family photos and movies is just about as safe and secure as it gets!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#22 Christopher (Drashna)

Christopher (Drashna)

Customer and Technical Support

• Administrators
  • 8,203 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA, USA

Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:00 PM

Ah, I see. It's really just a matter of "do you have enough space". Cool! I certainly do so I am glad I'm not missing anything. DP plus online backup for the MOST critical stuff like family photos and movies is just about as safe and secure as it gets!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it's mostly a matter of having enough space to duplicate the data ... and then to "reduplicate" in the case of a failed drive.

Also, as I've mentioend before, the Seagate Archive drives work very well with StableBit DrivePool. Especially, if you mainly have videos or other files like that. Write performance isn't fantastic (but it's still pretty good actually!), but if it's a concern, then get the SSD Optimizer balancer and a couple of SSDs :)

And they're the best price per TB ratio on the market (reliably at least). 

And yes, having online backup is important as well.

Christopher Courtney

aka "Drashna"

Microsoft MVP for Windows Home Server 2009-2012

Lead Moderator for We Got Served

Moderator for Home Server Show

This is my server

Lots of "Other" data on your pool? Read about what it is here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users