Balancing?

apb0703

Question

Hello,

I have DrivePool 2.0.0.420 installed. The DrivePool it self is working just fine, however balancing is not. I have 10 drives in the pool and none of them are at equal space. For example. The F drive has 20. GB of free space while the L drive has 1.45 TB of free space. 

The Settings I have set are:

Balance Immediately

Triggers:

If the balance ratio falls below: 85%

Allow Balancing plug-ins to force immediate balancing

For the balancers:

I have Disk Space Equalizer as number 1 with settings Equalize by the free space remaining and file types are both checked

Anyone have any ideas why the drives won't balance?

Thank you

1 answer to this question

What are the main balancing settings? Is it set to immediately balance or "every day at" a specific time?

Also, if you want to more aggressively move files, then change the "if the balance ration falls below" slider to be a higher percentage. I'd recommend 90-95% for this. Or if you want it to do it if it has ANY data at all, to 100%.

Also, is the "or if at least this much data needs to be moved" option checked? And if so, what is it set to?

If you've messed around with these settings, and it's still not balancing, then please do the following:

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_2.x_Log_Collection