Unchecked 'duplication' under 'bal. options', but the drive still stores duplicated files

Randym8888

Question

I set balancing options to exclude my 3rd pool disk "G:" from duplicated files.  But duplicated files are still placed on G:.  See attached. I have rebalanced and re-measured but there was no change.  I would like to keep this disk from storing duplicated files.  I am using release 2.0.0.420.  Thanks!

Duplic exclusion not working.pdf

5 answers to this question

Balancing was set to immediate. Since the OP, I tried various things and a couple of restarts, but duplication usage of the drive has continued.  The G: drive (the last disk) is flagged to not hold "any" files, per picture 1.  The last thing I did a few days ago was changed to 3X duplication to see if I'd get a notice that there weren't enough disks for 3X (because the 3rd disk was set to not hold files), but I didn't receive a notice.  After a duplication and balance you can see from the 2nd pic that 3X across all 3 disks is occurring. You can also see that the blue and red triangles are located at zero, which is correct per the cleared checkboxes in the first picture.  Not a big deal, but I was trying to keep duplicated files off of this drive while leaving it in the pool, and that option isn't working.  Thanks!

post-1434-0-69431200-1391961172_thumb.jpg

post-1434-0-58785300-1391961179_thumb.jpg

Randy,

is DrivePool set to balance immediately.

And yes this is very odd. I'm going to see if I can duplicate this issue. 

In the meanwhile, could you enable tracing and let it sit for an hour:

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_2.x_Log_Collection

Also, could you get a dump of the scanner service

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Service_Memory_Dump

I cannot upload the log.  I get an error "you aren't permitted to upload this kind of file."  And the scanner service memory dump is 258 meg.  I will go ahead and send both via the crash dump submission page.

Question about the log:  After the first error, why does the time go from 07:02:40Z to 17:20:49Z ?  The server was about 13:02 at the time.  Or is this number just a counter of some sort?

Also, I just noticed that the size limit on uploads in the forum is cumulative, so I have only 25K left for uploads.  I found "Manage Attachments" under my account settings and see that the limit is 500k.  If I delete the attachments, won't that make them unavailable in my prior posts?