It seems like just about every application today is going to the cloud.
What do you guys think of us adding tighter integration with the cloud (so to speak)?
- How about saving your StableBit Scanner disk scan history online?
This will mean that if you plug in the same hard drive into a different computer it will instantly know when that disk was last scanned.
- Perhaps we can keep track of your disk's temperature history as well, and synchronize that with the cloud?
You would be able to query for temperature history for any disk, from any point in time.
We can do the same with disk performance, disk uptime (when it goes to sleep or when it's running),
- For DrivePool, we can augment remote control peer discovery with a centralized server. So DrivePool will automatically know about every machine running DrivePool with the same Activation ID.
- Whenever you add or remove a disk, DrivePool would save that event to the cloud. You would be able to see pool participation history and disk space usage utilization over time.
- We can build some mobile apps around this data to let you query and access it.
Would you guys find this service valuable and would you be willing to pay a small yearly fee for a service like this (say, $4.99 / yr)?