Any Recommendations for new Anti Virus/Security software

gjbth

Question

Hello,  after years of using Kaspersky Internet Security, I am looking for an alternative supplier of Antivirus/Security software.

The UK goverment and also my  Bank have issued advisories to cease using this software, because of possible spying use by the Russian goverment.

To be honest I have had no problems using Kaspersky and I believe that there is no concrete evidence of any wrong doing on Kaspersky's part. 

However, I do now find I now have to replace this software. I have been told Bitdefender 2018 has good reviews, but have no previous knowledge of the product.

Can anyone put forth any suggestions.  

Thank You

5 answers to this question

My sincere apologies for the late response to your answer Christopher.  

I would love to be able to use Windows Defender alone, but compliance requirements dictate otherwise.  Kaspersky was supplied by our bank and installed all our devices.

just last week, they have distanced themselves from Kaspersky and ceased supplying it without offering an alternative.  At the moment i am testing Bitdefender but its too soon to pass judgement.  

Yeah, definitely understand, especially about Kaspersky. 

We've also ran into some odd/bad stuff with BitDefender, but I don't know if they've fixed the issues or not (we worked around them, so ...). 

But honestly, because of how these software work, there is always the chance of bad interactions. Not just with our software, but others as well. 

After removing Kaspersky, i was offered either Bitdefender or F-secure as a replacement. I had no previous experience with either of these, but now have Bitdefender installed on Five devices.  At the moment I have not experienced any major issues or system slowdowns.  Bitdefender has picked up a few items which Kaspersky and Windows Defender both missed,  however at the moment I am investigating the amount of, and the type of data Bitdefender is passing back to the developer.