[SOLVED] (StableBit DribePool 64bit Update Stuck on) Setup Progress Processing: Initializing...

JazJon

Question

EDIT: SOLVED  

I created a new windows profile with admin rights.

Logged into the new profile.

MSI installers are working again!

Boom, FIXED!  (must have some strange corrupted windows profile)

EDIT 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!

2nd (re-solved) update. 

I was wrong. The problem is 2 of 5, 8tb hard drives.  I plugged one 8tb drive in at a time and identified  2 that cause the Windows Installer freeze from any .MSI install or uninstall.  Add any of the 2 bad drives alone or with other good ones and the new app install freeze problem happens 

Plugging in the three good ones together at once also resulted in normal install and uninstalls.  

It has to due to the fact These two drives were factory fresh initialized on my previous motherboard with a different SATA controller I think. 

I had a similar issue in the past when I switched hard hard drives from an external quad USB 3.0 storage box to internal SATA connectors connections. In that instance I remember moving the data off one drive at a time reinitializing the disk from scratch and then everything worked normal again.   Fixed slow boot up 

I’m 99% sure this will be the same situation so I ordered a few new 12TB WD Gold Drives

Original Problem

I've been on DrivePool Version 2.2.0.877 Beta for a while.   

It fixed the problem discussed here:

I saw DrivePool Version 2.2.0.881 was available so I downloaded it, and tried to install.   

It's stuck on Setup Progress Processing: Initializing...

image.png.404b015eadcb02909ef41b5c2fcbbd00.png

I rebooted and tried again. Got the same thing so let it sit 30 minutes. (no change)

I rebooted, ended task on every single thing I could, tried the install again.  Same thing Setup Progress Processing: Initializing...

What's a good way to troubleshoot next on whats clogging up Windows 10?  (latest updates)

What's another good test program to install to see if the actual installer service (or whatever it's called) is broken for installing any new program? (to rule out drivepool package) 

7 answers to this question

2 hours ago, JazJon said:

What's another good test program to install to see if the actual installer service (or whatever it's called) is broken for installing any new program? (to rule out drivepool package) 

Ok so I tried to update AirServer, it too get's stuck right when the install begins.  What's the best way to troubleshoot stuck installers from moving forward?  There has to be one common last thing being checked or something that's hanging the install package from moving forward.   Thoughts/Suggestions? 

image.png.976a9943e768ff01579de27946d44207.png

About an hour or so later

image.png.a4096a39669b719d98d329a110242fde.png

image.png.924a99f10b63b28b7a9210e69505a537.png

Start, Run, CMD, MSIExec
Shows this:
(Windows Installer seems normal)

image.png.8112001e28ffa787d418342fa1ccd11c.png

I tried this to identify Windows Installer issues.  (nothing found)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

image.png.0ed4db83e3374edec9bb6aefdc294f07.png

image.png.69aa1229d935db719030975b8d16a84e.png

image.png.eef843e39489ec0a1ea2e8c4331a5758.png

I'm still not sure what to do.  I even rebooted in SAFE MODE and ran an app called SafeMSI that enables Windows Installer

http://download.cnet.com/SafeMSI-exe/3000-2094_4-75724774.html

image.png.ef2d215b3a2391ae890139fc7eeabf23.png

Any Windows installation package that requires Windows Installer HANGS.

2nd (solved) update. 

I was wrong. The problem is 2 of 5, 8tb hard drives.  I plugged one 8tb drive in at a time and identified  2 that cause the Windows Installer freeze from any .MSI install or uninstall.  Add any of the 2 bad drives alone or with other good ones and the new app install freeze problem happens 

Plugging in the three good ones together at once also resulted in normal install and uninstalls.  

It has to due to the fact These two drives were factory fresh initialized on my previous motherboard with a different SATA controller I think. 

I had a similar issue in the past when I switched hard hard drives from an external quad USB 3.0 storage box to internal SATA connectors connections. In that instance I remember moving the data off one drive at a time reinitializing the disk from scratch and then everything worked normal again.   Fixed slow boot up 

I’m 99% sure this will be the same situation so I ordered a few new 12TB WD Gold Drives