Google Team Drive?

Georgie

Question

16 answers to this question

Not aiming for sharing options. Just looking for a way to use the team drive’s space for placing the CloudDrive there (let’s assume that the TD isn’t shared with other members).
But yes, I understand, if multiple team members have full access to the CloudDrive folder on a team drive, this could raise issues.

1 hour ago, Kraevin said:

Just to add, while the team drive does sound like a good idea, i do not see it really being possible, as a team drive has a limit of 100k files per drive. I could see hitting that pretty quickly with the way cloudrive uses chunks.

I didn't see that limit! 

And yeah, even with large chunks (100MB), that would be 9.5TBs MAX. 

Sorry if these are dumb Q but not used a Stablebit product for a few years now...

I have a GSuite account with unlimited storage. Someone told me that CD requires you specify the size of your drive before you "create" it and I wonder how that works with an Unlimited capacity drive? The posts above seem to imply a hard limit of 9.5Tb or is a Team drive different from a GSuite account?

I have a GSuite account with unlimited storage. Someone told me that CD requires you specify the size of your drive before you "create" it and I wonder how that works with an Unlimited capacity drive? The posts above seem to imply a hard limit of 9.5Tb or is a Team drive different from a GSuite account?

Team Drive is definitely different from G Suite. 

And when creating the drive, it does check the capacity on the provider.  If there isn't enough, an error is generated. 

But if the file limit is still in place, then yeah.... it would be a hard limit of 9.5TB, as that would the capacity based on the number of files.

Amazing software!

However another vote here to please add Google Team Drive support. Given the current 400k file limit I understand that has a hard limit on drive capacity depending on chunk size (a max of ~39TB I believe?) but would still be very useful to people like myself and the above posters. If it could be added as experimental with a caveat like you do for ACD.

I'd really like to avoid having to use multiple different cloud mounting software, like using Mountain Duck just for the Google Team Drive and having CloudDrive alongside it.

Unfortunately, no, there really won't be an update on this.  Google Team drive is limited on the number of files that can be hosted. And that limits the size.

That would be ~10TB normally, or 5TB if duplication is enabled for the provider. 

Additionally, because it's a shared drive, it's a potential issue too. 

On 11/29/2017 at 1:01 PM, Kraevin said:

Just to add, while the team drive does sound like a good idea, i do not see it really being possible, as a team drive has a limit of 100k files per drive. I could see hitting that pretty quickly with the way cloudrive uses chunks.

On 10/1/2019 at 3:09 PM, Christopher (Drashna) said:

Unfortunately, no, there really won't be an update on this.  Google Team drive is limited on the number of files that can be hosted. And that limits the size.

That would be ~10TB normally, or 5TB if duplication is enabled for the provider. 

Additionally, because it's a shared drive, it's a potential issue too. 

With the new hierarchical chunk organization, shouldn't this now be technically possible?

On 8/3/2020 at 8:08 PM, Firerouge said:

With the new hierarchical chunk organization, shouldn't this now be technically possible?

I don't believe that change would impact this limitation. The limit on Team/Shared drives was not a per-folder limitation in the first place.

Can this be revaluated. With workspace drives now being limited by google, team drives are the only google option that has no sized based quota.

Large chunk sizes could help mitigate the 400k files limit. With 100mb chunks, 40TB team drives may be possible.