Jump to content
Covecube Inc.
  • Announcements

    • Christopher (Drashna)

      Login issues   11/07/17

      If you have issues with logging in, make sure you use your display name and not the "username" or email.  Or head here for more info.   http://community.covecube.com/index.php?/topic/3252-login-issues/  
    • Christopher (Drashna)

      Getting Help   11/07/17

      If you're experiencing problems with the software, the best way to get ahold of us is to head to https://stablebit.com/Contact, especially if this is a licensing issue.    Issues submitted there are checked first, and handled more aggressively. So, especially if the problem is urgent, please head over there first. 
  • 0
Jellepepe

Drive on Google dismounting randomly

Question

Hi all,

I've recently started getting a bunch of dismounts on my google clouddrive (made in prerelease) - i've done a lot of troubleshooting, and reduced the threads, speed, prefetch etc etc.

Nothing worked, im still getting seemingly random dismounts between approx 6-7pm and 10pm (CET).

I've tested this, and it seems completely unrelated from drive usage, ive not had any dismounts outside this timeframe, even with a lot of traffic, and ive had dismounts with nothing but a single file being accessed.

I have since gotten a second domain (seperate account) and made a new drive, i'm now using drivepool to copy the drive, and notify me when the old drive gets dismounted.

I have also switched the old drive to my personal api keys, to watch the api calls and possibly confirm what sort error responces im getting.

the weird thing is, there seem to be basically noneimage.thumb.png.afc952097f65e40ef070b3925ffbaf7d.png

(arrows are when it dismounted (retried mounting immediately after)

the log just states:

CloudDrive.Service.exe    Warning    0    [IoManager:104] Error performing I/O operation on provider. Retrying. The read operation failed, see inner exception.    2017-11-12 18:18:21Z    24268242550
CloudDrive.Service.exe    Warning    0    [IoManager:104] Error processing read request. Thread was being aborted.    2017-11-12 18:18:21Z    24268568126
(different timezone)

Im starting to suspect the only possible explanation is the ports/requests just outright being blocked, and not by google.

This is weird, since its on a server hosted by ovh (250/250 guaranteed) and ive never experienced any sort of blocking + they shouldnt be.

Is there any way i can confirm/disprove this theory?

And if anyone has some other suggestions for trying to resolve the issues, Please let me know!

Thanks in advance,

Pepe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

37 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
4 minutes ago, Jellepepe said:

Thats really interesting!! I have not received this email on either Gsuite domains nor the backup email adresses, internally i think Drive and Docs are not the same, but this might be related nontheless. 

Assuming i dont get the email myself, please do give updates on whatever they announce!

Perhaps but the email it was sent to is literally only used for the GSuite Drive, I haven't even opened Docs on this account! Fingers crossed this is the issue though so they can fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

image.thumb.png.889dfeea121f3ebd56a4ef2db160ba78.png

This issue, whatever it was, seems to be resolved..

What is interesting is the time they posted that they became aware of the issue corresponds exactly with a dismount for me.

I doubt this was the issue, mainly because i dont want to get my hopes up, but its interesting nonetheless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
9 hours ago, Jellepepe said:

image.thumb.png.889dfeea121f3ebd56a4ef2db160ba78.png

This issue, whatever it was, seems to be resolved..

What is interesting is the time they posted that they became aware of the issue corresponds exactly with a dismount for me.

I doubt this was the issue, mainly because i dont want to get my hopes up, but its interesting nonetheless.

I received an email stating the problem had been fixed so I'm thinking maybe you were right and it wasn't related at all. Either way I'll continue to monitor throughout the day and let you know if it dismounts around 8PM again (for me it seems to always be around 8 for some reason).

When your drive dismounts is it usually doing anything, uploading/downloading etc?

 

EDIT: Also just sort of a recommendation, since it might be host related do you think it perhaps might be worth leaving a command window pinging the IP and doing the same on your own PC, that way when it dismounts you can see if it's a problem with your host or Google itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Good morning all

My system keeps running without any dismount till now..... with very high usage of drives...

Yesterday i get this error on my server dashboard (but no dismount at all and everything seem working ok):

................................

Error report file saved to:

C:\ProgramData\StableBit CloudDrive\Service\ErrorReports\ErrorReport_2017_11_15-10_51_36.3.saencryptedreport

Exception:

#Kqe.#XPf: Internal Error ---> CloudDriveService.Cloud.Providers.Apis.GoogleDrive.GoogleDriveHttpProtocolException: Internal Error ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at CloudDriveService.Cloud.Providers.Apis.Base.Parts.HttpApi.HttpApiBase.GetJsonResponse[T](HttpWebRequest request)
   at CloudDriveService.Cloud.Providers.Apis.GoogleDrive.Files.<>c__DisplayClass15_0.<UploadExisting>b__1(HttpWebRequest request)
   at CloudDriveService.Cloud.Providers.Apis.Base.Parts.HttpApi.OAuth2HttpApiBase`1.<>c__DisplayClass6_0`1.<RequestBlock>b__0(HttpWebRequest request)
   at CloudDriveService.Cloud.Providers.Apis.Base.Parts.HttpApi.HttpApiBase.<>c__DisplayClass19_0`1.<RequestBlock>b__0()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at CoveUtil.RetryBlock.Run[TException,TResult](Func`2 Func, Action`1 Control, Boolean ThrowOnOperationCanceled)
   at CoveUtil.RetryBlock.Run[TException,TResult](Func`1 Func, Action`1 Control)
   at CloudDriveService.Cloud.Providers.Apis.Base.Parts.HttpApi.HttpApiBase.RequestBlock[TResponse](String fullUrl, Func`2 func)
   at CloudDriveService.Cloud.Providers.Apis.Base.Parts.HttpApi.OAuth2HttpApiBase`1.RequestBlock[TResponse](String fullUrl, Func`2 func)
   at CloudDriveService.Cloud.Providers.Apis.GoogleDrive.Files.UploadExisting(String existingFileId, Stream buffer)
   at CloudDriveService.Cloud.Providers.Io.GoogleDrive.GoogleDriveIoProvider.#bjg(#UBf #rxd, ChunkInfo #fAe, #Xtf #gb)
   at CloudDriveService.Cloud.Providers.Io.ChunkIo.ChunkIdIoProvider`2.#4af.#8tf(#UBf #rxd)
   at CloudDriveService.Cloud.Providers.Io.ChunkIo.Helpers.ChunkId.ChunkIdHelper.#Gqe(UInt64 #HAe, Action`1 #wBf)
   at CloudDriveService.Cloud.Providers.Io.ChunkIo.ChunkIdIoProvider`2.#Gqe(ChunkInfo #fAe, #Xtf #gb)
   at #Iqe.#PAe.#OLf(ChunkInfo #fAe, Stream #gb)
   at #Iqe.#Hqe.#Gqe(ChunkInfo #fAe, Stream #gb)
   at #Iqe.#UEf.#Saf.#9Lf(Stream #oYb)
   at #AKf.#zKf.#yKf(ChunkInfo #fAe, Stream #gb, Action`1 #wBf)
   at #Iqe.#UEf.#OLf(ChunkInfo #fAe, Stream #gb)
   at #Iqe.#Hqe.#Gqe(ChunkInfo #fAe, Stream #gb)
   at #Iqe.#9Qg.#Y8h(ChunkInfo #fAe, Stream #gb, Boolean #Z8h)
   at #Iqe.#9Qg.#OLf(ChunkInfo #fAe, Stream #gb)
   at #Iqe.#Hqe.#Gqe(ChunkInfo #fAe, Stream #gb)
   at #Iqe.#6Uf.#OLf(ChunkInfo #fAe, Stream #gb)
   at #Iqe.#Hqe.#Gqe(ChunkInfo #fAe, Stream #gb)
   at #Iqe.#3Pf.#jbf.#gQf(Stream #oYb)
   at #AKf.#zKf.#yKf(ChunkInfo #fAe, Stream #gb, Action`1 #wBf)
   at #Iqe.#3Pf.#OLf(ChunkInfo #fAe, Stream #gb)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at #Iqe.#UAe.#OLf(ChunkInfo #fAe, Stream #gb)
   at #Iqe.#Hqe.#Gqe(ChunkInfo #fAe, Stream #gb)
   at #Iqe.#UAe.#jQe(ChunkInfo #fAe, Stream #gb, #fOe #mag, EventWaitHandle #kQe)
   at #Iqe.#UAe.#OLf(ChunkInfo #fAe, Stream #gb)
   at #Iqe.#Hqe.#Gqe(ChunkInfo #fAe, Stream #gb)
   at #Iqe.#Hzf.#OLf(ChunkInfo #fAe, Stream #gb)
   at #Iqe.#Hqe.#Gqe(ChunkInfo #fAe, Stream #gb)
   at #Iqe.#Hzf.#OLf(ChunkInfo #fAe, Stream #gb)
   at #Iqe.#Hqe.#Gqe(ChunkInfo #fAe, Stream #gb)
   at #Iqe.#TEf.#OLf(ChunkInfo #fAe, Stream #gb)
   at #Iqe.#Hqe.#Gqe(ChunkInfo #fAe, Stream #gb)
   at #Kqe.#Tqe.#Wc(UInt64 #Y, Int32 #59f, Stream #vAe, IoType #NOe)
   at CloudDriveService.Cloud.IoManager.#Wc(WriteRequest #89f, RetryInformation`1 #7tf)
   at CloudDriveService.Cloud.IoManager.#iTf.#3bf(RetryInformation`1 #7tf)
   at CoveUtil.RetryBlock..(RetryInformation`1 )
   at #Iqe.#TEf.#OLf(ChunkInfo #fAe, Stream #gb)
   at #Iqe.#Hqe.#Gqe(ChunkInfo #fAe, Stream #gb)
   at #Kqe.#Tqe.#Wc(UInt64 #Y, Int32 #59f, Stream #vAe, IoType #NOe)
   at CloudDriveService.Cloud.IoManager.#Wc(WriteRequest #89f, RetryInformation`1 #7tf)
   at CloudDriveService.Cloud.IoManager.#iTf.#3bf(RetryInformation`1 #7tf)
   at CoveUtil.RetryBlock..(RetryInformation`1 )
   at CoveUtil.RetryBlock.Run[TException,TResult](Func`2 Func, Action`1 Control, Boolean ThrowOnOperationCanceled)
.................................................................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 hours ago, Evo said:

I received an email stating the problem had been fixed so I'm thinking maybe you were right and it wasn't related at all. Either way I'll continue to monitor throughout the day and let you know if it dismounts around 8PM again (for me it seems to always be around 8 for some reason).

When your drive dismounts is it usually doing anything, uploading/downloading etc?

 

EDIT: Also just sort of a recommendation, since it might be host related do you think it perhaps might be worth leaving a command window pinging the IP and doing the same on your own PC, that way when it dismounts you can see if it's a problem with your host or Google itself.

they are under a pretty constant load, im using stablebit drivepool to mirror one to the other, so one drive is downloading about 690gb / day and the other is uploading that again (different domains, different api). the only other thing accessing the drives is radarr/sonarr, which are only adding around 10-20gb a day (to both drives)

i was already having the issue before i added the second drive and started doing this, so its not the cause. And due to this constant load i can see exactly when it stops working, there are no jumps in load right before or anything, atleast not that i can see, the speed for every thred just drops to about 150kbps each, then after about a minute maybe 2 clouddrive decides it cant get a decent connection and dismounts the drive.

If i try to remoung right away (if i see it happen) the same issue is still there, but if i wait a little longer it will start working again.

Yesterday this was only a few minutes before it worked again, but before ive had it take almost half an hour, oad on the drives yesterday compared to the day before is almost exactly identical.

Mine usually dismount between 7-10pm, but if you;re in a different timezone that might match up with my dismounts, it seems to often be around a full hour.

3 hours ago, Evo said:

EDIT: Also just sort of a recommendation, since it might be host related do you think it perhaps might be worth leaving a command window pinging the IP and doing the same on your own PC, that way when it dismounts you can see if it's a problem with your host or Google itself.

From what i am able to tell from resource monitor and watching connections, clouddrive connects through a domain, not ip, and the ip behind this isnt static, so it would be hard to check. Also it is showing the connnection to be active, just throttled to 150kbps per thread, i doubt a ping would fail at that point.

 

1 hour ago, ntilegacy said:

Good morning all

My system keeps running without any dismount till now..... with very high usage of drives...

Yesterday i get this error on my server dashboard (but no dismount at all and everything seem working ok):

................................

Error report file saved to:

C:\ProgramData\StableBit CloudDrive\Service\ErrorReports\ErrorReport_2017_11_15-10_51_36.3.saencryptedreport

Exception:

#Kqe.#XPf: Internal Error ---> CloudDriveService.Cloud.Providers.Apis.GoogleDrive.GoogleDriveHttpProtocolException: Internal Error ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

That's good to hear! (for you atleast)

I've also had a HTTP500 return sometimes (which is what that error is), and it doesnt see =m to cause a dismount for me either.

I'm not really sure what it means, the translation 'internal server error' is pretty broad, but i dont think its related, just a random request failing for unrelated reasons.

I do have to note that i've only ever had this happen once or twice in a day at most, never more than that.

Anyway, do keep us updated on if the issues remains gone, or if you just got lucky last night!

If they remain gone, it would be interesting to try and figure out what exactly changed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi Jellepepe

As I post yesterday, the only thing that change on my side was the fact that I update my server 2016 to the latest available updates........ I used to have a lot of errors on server related to the Wsearch service, and since the later update no errors at all (Do not know if has anything to do with the errors on cloudrive).

If there was a problem on Google side it can be just a coincidence..... if they fix it in the meanwhile.

Let's wait for today night to see if yout problem goes away....  Do you have any answer from the developers of Cloudrive?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 hours ago, ntilegacy said:

Hi Jellepepe

As I post yesterday, the only thing that change on my side was the fact that I update my server 2016 to the latest available updates........ I used to have a lot of errors on server related to the Wsearch service, and since the later update no errors at all (Do not know if has anything to do with the errors on cloudrive).

If there was a problem on Google side it can be just a coincidence..... if they fix it in the meanwhile.

I read that yes, interesting that that is the only thing that changed, im running server 2012 r2 myself and have had no such issues, so i doubt its the same.

Hopefully it was an issue at google and resolved now, but we'll see in a few hours i suppose.

3 hours ago, ntilegacy said:

Let's wait for today night to see if yout problem goes away....  Do you have any answer from the developers of Cloudrive?

i followed up on my support ticket with a summary of this thread 2 days ago, i haven't had any response since

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hello

No dismounts yet....... in the meantime i update cloudrive to latest beta 953 ...... and can be just me, but seems that things run much better with this latest beta.... today i made a big stress test (upload very big files, download very big files , watch 2 movies at same time , update emby library .... everything at the same time on diferent drives and somethings on same drive .... and no problems at all)

At 8:24 i have a red flag notice on one drive (drive can not download data on timely maner blah blah) and that's all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 minute ago, ntilegacy said:

Hello

No dismounts yet....... in the meantime i update cloudrive to latest beta 953 ...... and can be just me, but seems that things run much better with this latest beta.... today i made a big stress test (upload very big files, download very big files , watch 2 movies at same time , update emby library .... everything at the same time on diferent drives and somethings on same drive .... and no problems at all)

At 8:24 i have a red flag notice on one drive (drive can not download data on timely maner blah blah) and that's all.

i had the same at that time, but not enough to dismount, its 22:48 for me now, so past the window it has dismounted all previous days. 

It would seem like today is the first day in over a month that i havent had any dismounts, i REALLY hope this means the issue was at google and is now resolved.

i also switched to using the latest beta builds around when i posted this thread, i also noticed performance seemingly being much better. i assume something changed in the way I/O works?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
23 minutes ago, Jellepepe said:

i had the same at that time, but not enough to dismount, its 22:48 for me now, so past the window it has dismounted all previous days. 

It would seem like today is the first day in over a month that i havent had any dismounts, i REALLY hope this means the issue was at google and is now resolved.

i also switched to using the latest beta builds around when i posted this thread, i also noticed performance seemingly being much better. i assume something changed in the way I/O works?

Yeah. The changes for .953 only state :

.953
* Fixed rare performance sampling error.

... I don't know what this means.... Do you think that as anything to do with our recent problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×