Covecube Inc.
  • Announcements

• Christopher (Drashna)

Login issues   11/07/17

If you have issues with logging in, make sure you use your display name and not the "username" or email.  Or head here for more info.   http://community.covecube.com/index.php?/topic/3252-login-issues/  
    • Christopher (Drashna)

Getting Help   11/07/17

If you're experiencing problems with the software, the best way to get ahold of us is to head to https://stablebit.com/Contact, especially if this is a licensing issue.    Issues submitted there are checked first, and handled more aggressively. So, especially if the problem is urgent, please head over there first. 
jmone

Ordered File Placement - Config wrong?

Question

I've got the following setting for the Ordered File Placement but it does not seem to be filling up the drives lower in the order.  I do have some File Placement rules set to put d folders only on drive "d232f" (as it is a Hitachi 8TB HDD, the rest are Seagate 8TB Archive Drives).  I presume I've got some setting wrong.

Thanks

nathan 

DP1.png

DP2.png

DP3.png

dp4.png

4 answers to this question

If you're using both the "Ordered File Placement" balancer plugin, and the File Placement rules, you need to set:

* UNCHECK "File placement rules respect real-time file placement limits set by the balancing plug-ins."
* CHECK "Balancing plug-ins respect file placement rules."
* UNCHECK "Unless the drive is being emptied."

Make these changes, and see if it helps.

Thanks - but same effect (though I no longer get the yellow warning).  A side effect of this issue is that when I then try to add a new rip, DP will try to add it to one of the the disks that does not have enough space so I get a windows warning saying the drive is full.