Specific CloudDrive usage

browned

I currently have a particular server setup, ESXi with basic AMD desktop hardware, 2 HP Smart Arrays controllers passed through to a Windows server , 7 disks on each HP controller (14 in total) with 7 Raid 0 arrays per controller. 3 x drive pools, 7 disks on one controller in pool A, 7 disks on the other controller in pool B, Pool C = Pool A + Pool B with duplication. This allows for a controller or a disk to fail and the server is still able to work and no data is lost.

What I would like is to separate the system into physical 2 servers. A HP Smart Array controller in each server passed through to Windows servers. This will allow more resilience, and I will also be able to split the work load on each server. Again I am thinking of basic AMD Desktop parts to keep costs down.

My questions are if this is possible as the two drive pools will now be a 10Gbe network link away.

Can Stablebit CloudDrive be used in this situation, connect to a drivepool drive on another server?
What would happen if a disk failed on the cloud copy?
What would happen re syncing if a disk failed on the primary server?
How long would the syncing take between systems on 10Gbe network?

I am not too interested in other tech like unraid or VSAN stuff, I haven't looked into a Windows Cluster or a stablebit drive pool as that maybe an option. I like to be able to pull a dead or dying drive and plug it into any Windows machine and recover data if needed, the wife understands if things are not working she can press the power button and wait, then press it again and start it all up with. If that fails to fix it then it must be more.

Thanks for any help.

StableBit CloudDrive could sort of do this. But not well.

However, it sounds more like you want to sync the contents between the two systems.  And in this case, StableBit CloudDrive wouldn't be great.

It sounds like you want syncing software.  Something like Free File Sync, GoodSync, or the like. 

Another option is to look into the DFS replication. As that may be closer to what you want.