Combining 2 (or more) pools across separate machines.

MitchellStringer

Question

The situation is, that I have run out of hard drive space in my current case.(15 drives)

Ideally I would like build another machine running Windows, with loads more disks, is it possible to combine disks from both machines into one pool?

If not is there an alternative way to achieve it? Perhaps instead of running Windows on the second box, running Some kind of NAS OS?

All ideas welcome

3 answers to this question

Unfortunately, no, not really.

StableBit DrivePool only supports local storage. 

You could use iSCSI (common on many NAS devices) to add more "local storage", use StableBit CloudDrive's "File Share" provider to store disk info on the other system, or add more storage (SAS or eSATA or USB, externally). 

Unfortunately, no, not really.

StableBit DrivePool only supports local storage. 

You could use iSCSI (common on many NAS devices) to add more "local storage", use StableBit CloudDrive's "File Share" provider to store disk info on the other system, or add more storage (SAS or eSATA or USB, externally). 

After some research,I have decided, I am going to build a 24 disk JBOD connected to the host (Windows 10) via SAS Passthrough, if everything works, the host should see all 24 drives individually and i should be able to manage them in Drivepool. 

Hopefully?