How to format in ReFS after Windows Fall Creators Update?

thepregnantgod

Question

9 answers to this question

Yup - it disappeared a couple of months back in the Betas and MS announced that ReFS format support would be limited to "Windows 10 Pro for Workstations" as well as the Enterprise version (and maybe the Education Version).  Server versions of course have it.  So far I've been unable to find/get/buy any of these keys to "unlock" full ReFS support.  I'm hoping one of the hacks like before work or that MS make available "Windows 10 Pro for Workstations" keys for us single use users.

Yup - it disappeared a couple of months back in the Betas and MS announced that ReFS format support would be limited to "Windows 10 Pro for Workstations" as well as the Enterprise version (and maybe the Education Version).  Server versions of course have it.  So far I've been unable to find/get/buy any of these keys to "unlock" full ReFS support.  I'm hoping one of the hacks like before work or that MS make available "Windows 10 Pro for Workstations" keys for us single use users.

Well, keep in mind, that you need to make sure that ReFS isn't formatted with the default 4k cluster size. It needs to be the 64k cluster size, or you may run into memory leaks. Nasty ones.  

So, that is probably part of why this decision was made (but who knows).

As for the keys, I suspect that they should be available "soon".  But may be only through OEM or VL channels....