Yet Another Balancing/Measuring Question 2

britgeezer

Question

3 answers to this question

I split the topic, because I'm not sure it's the same, and it's much easier for me to manage this way.

(original topic: http://community.covecube.com/index.php?/topic/3198-yet-another-balancingmeasuring-question/page-0)

That said, I'm not really sure of the order of these screenshots, but it looks like you may need to "remeasure" the pool, as it looks like it lost track of the measurement data.

If that doesn't help, then it may be more complicated (i've seen this happen with disk errors, where the entire pool folder structure got moved to the "recovery" folder by CHKDSK). 

The order is incorrect - couldn't find a way to control  the picture order - it isn't the order I attached them.

No I'm not suffering a recovery error.

One of your replies in the previous thread you linked to actually answered my concern, although I have 3 x spinner drives and 2 x SSD in my pool not just the 2 referenced. Essentially you said "give it time and the unavailable for duplication will go away".

It did. As I ramp up my duplication I'll give it time.

I'll do so while deciding if I really want to add the last 8TB drive l purchased - but am not sure I need  :rolleyes:;)

At least the add on SATA card is now working.

When attaching them, you should have an "Add to post" option.  That would allow you to put them in the post, and in the order you want. 

And yeah, the "unavailable for duplication" is based on the data present, the disks and the free space placement.  The "Duplication Space Optimizer" balance will rebalance the data to attempt to remove all of the "unavailable" space. But it will take some time, as the balancer isn't "fast". 

As for the 8TB drive, of course you need it.  And more. :)