DrivePool duplication hangs at ~0.1% after drive replacement

RichP

Question

Hi - running WHS 2011, DP version 1.3.7585.

I had one drive go bad in a three drive pool. Moved the data off the bad drive, installed a replacement, added it to the pool and DP wouldn't write anything to it.

I forced writing to the drive by deleting shares and re-creating the share. Duplication hangs at ~0.1% for a week after the shares were re-created.

Tried turning off duplication for all shares. Duplication still hangs at ~0.1% even after several days.

How can I get duplication working again (short of blowing out the pool and rebuilding it)? 

1 answer to this question

First thing, I would run a CHKDSK pass on all of the underlying disks in the pool.  

Make sure there are no issues/errors with those disks, and then try re-running the duplication.

If that doesn't help, could you grab logs from the system? 

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_Troubleshooter

Use "3205" as the Contact ID.

Also, it may be worth uninstalling this version and then installing the 2.X x64 version on the server. And particularly, the beta version. 

There are a bunch more features and fixes in the 2.X version, and more importantly, more detailed logging for when issues do happen.