So, I'm about a month into my DrivePool based file server, and it is going well :-)
As discussed, it is an old i7 HP with an 250G SSD and eight drives connected via USB.
1. I'm struggling to have the SSD used as a write cache. In ui1.png, the red arrows imply that new files will go to the SSD/C: But when I copy files across the network to the pool drive, they go directly to one of the USB drives (i.e. H:\ in the image)
2. It reports Unduplicated of 1TB. That is higher than unexpected on a pool set to full duplication. What should I check?
(See ui2.png. Recycle Bin is empty)
3. Not sure why it reports 1.5TB unusable for duplication, but this only started after I added an 8TB drive a few days ago so it probably needs a few more balancing runs (originally reported 4TB unusable)
4. The raw size of a single copy of all my data would be less than 7TB. Is there any easy way to ensure there is at least one copy of every file on my 8TB hdd (would this be a file placement rule to put everything on just that hard drive?)
5. I'm using Beta 812, because I was having unresponsive UI issues in an older beta. CPU usage is surprisingly high with the DrivePool UI. >50% on my the file server. 28% on my whizbang dev system (connected remotely).