Best practices to shut down before rebooting?

toliman

Question

Having a bit of a struggle with my PC at the moment with getting it to shut down cleanly and reboot,among other quirky issues that are getting a bit ridiculous.

I might have to move my clouddrive to a headless PC or VM in the future, but it's probably necessary just to stop having a recurring 200gb+ upload of cache after mount recovery every time the PC reboots (or crashes/halts) because the PC hasn't shutdown properly.

In general, should I detach drives before a shutdown, and would this prevent the recovery process having to re-upload the cache files (especially nasty when it's 100gb) ?

or, should i leave drives unmounted, or in a read-only state so they don't require reuploading of the cache ? what's the best practise here.

4 answers to this question

I too have issues with the latest version, 1.0.1.880, when shutting down, so I try to detach the drives before rebooting.  Sometimes I get an error invalid function, other times, the drive will detach, but the drive letter will still exist

Error

[Window Title] Location is not available

[Content]L:\ is not accessible.
Access is denied.
[OK]

In Disk Manager, the disk will have a red X next to it and indicate "Unreadable".   Is this normal?