Cloud Drive works great!

Pancakes

Question

I just tried out CloudDrive for mouting my OneDrive For Business storage as a drive letter, so Syncovery can back-up to it. Holy smokes it works great

It literally just works.

With Syncovery connecting to OneDrive For Business I was having problem after problem, so I just deleted all the data and went with Cloud Drive, now its working perfectly 

3 answers to this question

Glad to hear it! 

And yeah, the drive looks and acts like a normal, physical drive, so there shouldn't be any issues. 

And Synchovery's problems with the OneDrive for Business provider is that the backend is basically sharepoint, which has a number of weird behaviors, which we've already accounted for.  So that's probably why it has issues but we don't. 

I have played with other software that claims to do the same thing, but they all worked terribly.

The only concern I have is Ransomware, is there any added protection I can configure for CloudDrive? 

Backing up with Syncovery means the data is completely shielded from Ransomware, but with CloudDrive, could it just wipe out all my backups on CloudDrive?

As for "Added protection", the latest version includes a "read only mode".  So that no data can be written to the drive (this is controlled at the driver level, so it CANNOT be disabled without your interaction. 

http://stablebit.com/Support/CloudDrive/Manual?Section=Setting%20your%20Drive%20as%20Read-Only

This will prevent stuff from encrypting your data, or otherwise modifying it.

But if you want to do so, you will need to toggle the setting, each and every time.  And manually (no command line support).