DrivePool.Service constantly uses 25% of CPU

Fahrain

Question

Tonight DrivePool.Service start use of my CPU. There is no disk usage at all, just CPU loading

In the dashboard at bottom i'am seeing "Calculating".

Reinstalling DrivePool does not help - same CPU loading after reinstall and reboots.

I am using last version: 2.0.0.420

It seems that service just not answering - can't stop&restart service

xx5fbpm.png

8 answers to this question

DrivePool should never have a negative impact on the system. If it is (and it looks like it is)...

When it's doing this, could you get a memory dump of the DrivePool.Service.exe file? 

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Dashboard_Freeze

Also, is it taking an excessive amount of time to calculate?

If so, could you see about resetting DrivePool's settings and see if that helps?

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Q2299585B

I've submitted dump for service. Checked all disks with chkdsk - no problems found.

There are one disk in pool without disk letter, others - with letters.

Installed CovecubeInc.OrderedFilePlacementPlugin.dll v1.0.2.3 (31.07.2013).

I try to clear all settings tomorrow

Just installed software yesterday and receive this cpu usage on morning. At 04:00 started acronis backup service. Nothing new was installed after DrivePool.

Reboot doesn't helped.

P.S.: OS Windows 8, all latest fixes applied today - not helped.

Did this ever get resolved?

I am experiencing a very similar thing. (latest stable and beta versions tried, uninstall and reinstall etc etc all tried. I first experienced this a few months ago but decided to ignore it, but my latest attempt recently had the same problem)

If I install the Ordered File Placement plugin, and set it to rebalance existing files across my 20 odd drives, it gets stuck on calculating indefinitely, with a big percentage (13%) of the CPU and around 50mb and growing of RAM tied up. It never finishes, and eventually the service seems to get totally stuck (it won't restart in services.msc, it says that the service didn't respond properly to the request) and the pool drive becomes unaccessible. The only option is to turn off the "rebalance existing files" option, and reboot. Then everything goes back to normal.

It's clearly something to do with this plugin and the rebalance existing files option as this thread previously found, but I can't seem to make it work no matter what I do.

Any suggestions?

Seeing as this is entirely reproducable on my system, I've uploaded a dump file and done a contact us form to help get it fixed. I don't need to use this plugin, it's a nice to have, but happy to help get it fixed as it happens 100% of the time when I setup my system in that way and is quite tricky to figure out how to get out of that state.