No longer able to create new ACD drives in build 870

Statikk

Question

After my PC took a dive the other day I rebuilt and reinstalled and decided to install the latest version of CloudDrive.  After installing I tried to create a new drive since all of my old drives were created on much older builds.  It looks as though creating new drives in ACD has been disabled with this build.  Is there any way around this?  I was using my own developer key in the previous build also.  Has that functionality also been removed?

5 answers to this question

Well, the "quick" solution would be to uninstall the release version, install an older version and then create the drive. Then upgrade.

that said, this may not fix the issue, as chunks showing up as photos may still occur in the newer version.  Encrypting the drive may further help with this, but it may not, as well.

To be blunt, there is a reason we discontinued support for ACD, and we don't recommend using it for any important data. PERIOD.

As for re-adding support, this depends ENTIRELY on Amazon, as we've tried repeatedly to make the provider to work, and work within their undisclosed limits.   At this point, all we can do is keep on asking them to approve us for production use ... which we've been doing, to no avail. 

And no, we don't plan on completely dropping it, as there are people still using drives (like yourself).  We don't want to leave them in a situation where they cannot access their data. 

From the blog post:
http://blog.covecube.com/2017/05/stablebit-clouddrive-1-0-0-870-release-final/

Amazon Drive
Amazon Drive (formerly Amazon Cloud Drive) is now deprecated in StableBit CloudDrive. Amazon has never approved us for use with their service, and as a result, you will no longer be able to create new Amazon Drive cloud drives in this version.
In order to give you access to your existing Amazon Drive cloud drives, experimental drives will continue to mount and work as they did in previous versions.

There is no supported way to create new drives with Amazon Cloud Drive. The existing drives will continue to work (and the "pre-release" banner can be ignored, as it doesn't cause any harm here). 

I was hoping to create new drives because they were older and some data chunks were showing as photos in Amazon's web panel.  Is it planned to re-add the capability or will ACD be dropped from CloudDrive completely in the future?