....is having troubles uploading your data

skapy

Question

Hello,

sometimes i get following error:

g-drive.png

After this error clouddrive sometimes stop uploading data.

Is this error normal for google drive and amazon drive?

How can i force clouddrive to start the upload again after some error accures and stablebit stops to upload the files?

best regards

3 answers to this question

The warning translates roughly to "Thread was aborted", correct? 

If so, this is is a normal, throttling related issue.   If you've increased the number of upload threads, you may want to reduce it slightly and see if that prevents this from occurring. 

Hello,

correct translation.

Forgot about to translate it for you.

Ok, i will reduce the upload slots and if the error occur again ill post an answer here.

This is from the log:

22:39:25.7: Warning: 0 : [ApiGoogleDrive:55] Google Drive returned error (userRateLimitExceeded): User rate limit exceeded.

22:39:25.7: Warning: 0 : [ApiHttp:55] HTTP protocol exception (Code=ServiceUnavailable).

22:39:25.7: Warning: 0 : [ApiHttp] Server is throttling us, waiting 1,236ms and retrying.

22:39:25.9: Warning: 0 : [ApiGoogleDrive:82] Google Drive returned error (userRateLimitExceeded): User rate limit exceeded.

22:39:26.0: Warning: 0 : [ApiHttp:82] HTTP protocol exception (Code=ServiceUnavailable).

22:39:26.0: Warning: 0 : [ApiHttp] Server is throttling us, waiting 1,202ms and retrying.

22:39:27.2: Warning: 0 : [ApiAmazonCloudDrive] Server is throttling us, waiting 4,000ms and retrying.

22:39:32.5: Warning: 0 : [ApiGoogleDrive:55] Google Drive returned error (userRateLimitExceeded): User rate limit exceeded.

One question i still have:

Is it possible to force start the upload if clouddrive abort the upload?

Thanks!

The log except that you've posted.... these are throttling requests, actually.  

In this case, Google is telling us that we've used too many API calls. There are a number of things that can trigger this behavior, but basically, it's treated as a throttling request.

This means that the software will automatically retry to upload.  Forcing it won't help, as the servers may treat that sort of behavior of as brute force denial of service attack, and may outright block you.  

So, we need to respect what the server is telling us, and "back off" temporarily. 

The simplest solution if you're seeing this a lot is to reduce the number of upload and download threads. Especially, if you've increased these values. 

To do so, click on "Drive Options" -> "Performance" -> "I/O Performance".  Decrease the values there, and then save the settings.  This may help prevent the throttling errors.