What does "Waiting to Scan (Disk Access)" means?

Dom

Question

HI,

Im currently in the process of trying out the software. I am not sure what the scanner meant by Waiting to Scan (Disk Access) means. It always goes to that state after scanning a bit. Is this normal and just wait (probably leave it overnight)? Does it mean it cannot access the disk?

post-4928-0-60836400-1490014258_thumb.png

3 answers to this question

I think I know why... that means the disk was accessed. I think its because I set the "Do not interfere with disk access". After disabling that it seems to progressing on each drive correctly. Well, other than the other drive that says temperature equalization which probably stopped because HDD has reached a temp danger zone.  I will leave this overnight and see what happens.

Note: I disabled "Do not interfere with disk access" because OS is newly installed and no programs are currently accessing these drives. WIll probably turn that back on after this initial test.

Yup, you're correct about the disk access.  To help prevent bottlenecking the disk, or otherwise interfering with normal system performance, by default, we will stop a scan if something else is accessing the drive.  

This is specifically controlled by the "throttling" settings:

http://stablebit.com/Support/Scanner/2.X/Manual?Section=Throttling

Changing the sensitivity may be better that disabling it outright. That way, it will still stop, but only if there is a lot of activity (eg, setting it to "low sensitivity" )

As for the temperature equalization, this is designed to help preventing "hot zones" or "hot spots" in your case. 

http://stablebit.com/Support/Scanner/2.X/Manual?Section=Heat

You can disable this option or increase the "window" if you want. 

And yes, the default setting is "3C".