Gallbladders suck

Christopher (Drashna)

Question

lol. 

That's the fun part... I've had a tube in my side since mid September to reduce the number of stones (or at least their impact).

Last week (Wednesday, the 15th), I did go in and had the thing cut out.  I'm recouping from surgery (out patient), it just .... hurts and is very uncomfortable.  And apparently, they removed ~50 stones along with the gallbladder ....

Worse yet, is that I'm apparently insensitive to opioids in generally. They have to give me "the really good stuff" to get any real effect... and that is mostly to take the edge off.  I don't get loopy, ... I could drive a car safely, etc.  It really sucks. 

And if you're wondering, yes, it's been why I've been slow to answer inquiries on the forum. 

The moral is that if you're feeling any pain in your abdominal area... on the right side specifically and right beneath the ribcage ... it's probably gall bladder related. And get it taken out as soon as possible...  (I'm not a doctor, so consult one FIRST)

Well, it got worse.... 

I've been in the hospital since wednesday (3/22) due to complications with the surgery to remove it. 

Specifically, I have/had an abscess from the surgery, and the bile duct (what the gallbladder connects to) has a "larger than expected hole". 

I have (another) drain installed to drain the abscess and keep the pressure from the bileduct leak down.  I also have a stint "installed" in my bile duct (a "fun" operation where my throat is still sore from).  Both of these significantly improved how I was feeling, so I was feeling "human" and healthy again. 

And then.... sunday, I had an "acute attack" (best way I can describe it).  The doctors think I tore a blood vessel near my bile duct (it may have been nicked from the surgery).  I vomited blood (not a whole lot, but still "any is too much"), and a number of other fun stuff (they gave me plasma, because of it, but no "actual blood". And my hemoglobin level was (understandably) low. 

I'm feeling a lot better now, and am back to getting stir crazy... Hopefully, I'll be out soon, but I'll be going home with a drain (yay...). 

Alex does know what's going on, and has been covering for me, since getting to tickets is .... a bit hard right now. 

And I'm finally home!!

I still (again) have a drain in my side.  I also have 2 stents installed in my bile duct, as there is "big gaping hole" due to the surgery to remove the gall bladder.

And after both installations, it irritated my GI tract enough to cause serious pain, and to vomit a small amount of blood. This is what caused the "acute attack", both 2-3 days after the installation of the stent. 

I have a surgery follow up in a day or two, and then I go back in 3 months to get the stents removed. 

I'm not 100%, but it's fantastic to be home!

Get well soon Christopher!

Is there anyone that can help me with a problem in the meantime? Since saturday I lost access to my cloud drive and I can't figure out what's wrong with it.

I'm back to doing tickets, but it may take a day or two to get all caught up.  If it's urgent PM me the ticket number. 

I was originally wondering what happened to the fast responses I'm normally used to on the forums and noticed the whole cloud drive forum hadn't had any replies. Then I went up a level and saw little replies from anyone!

Then, I found this lonesome thread with updates recently.

Take your time and feel better man. We all appreciate your help on this forum. It's been lonely without you, so I'm glad to see that you're back :).

Thank you guys!

I'm feeling a lot better, and hopefully, I'll be getting my drain removed next week. 

After that, I should be feeling pretty much back to normal.  However, in a few months, I'm scheduled to get the stents removed, and then, I'll be done!  

And hopefully, no more medical issues for a LONG, LONG time, after this. 

lol. 

That's the fun part... I've had a tube in my side since mid September to reduce the number of stones (or at least their impact).

Last week (Wednesday, the 15th), I did go in and had the thing cut out.  I'm recouping from surgery (out patient), it just .... hurts and is very uncomfortable.  And apparently, they removed ~50 stones along with the gallbladder ....

Worse yet, is that I'm apparently insensitive to opioids in generally. They have to give me "the really good stuff" to get any real effect... and that is mostly to take the edge off.  I don't get loopy, ... I could drive a car safely, etc.  It really sucks. 

And if you're wondering, yes, it's been why I've been slow to answer inquiries on the forum. 

The moral is that if you're feeling any pain in your abdominal area... on the right side specifically and right beneath the ribcage ... it's probably gall bladder related. And get it taken out as soon as possible...  (I'm not a doctor, so consult one FIRST)

Christopher, that's got to suck, and I see you're feeling better.  that's good news.

Well, I'm waiting for a CT Scan to be scheduled, so they can take a look at what "went wrong". 

At this point, I'm pretty sure that I threw (dislodged) a stent, so they're likely going to have to go back in and reposition it. 

More or less waiting on confirmation for that. 

As the joke with friends and family has become: it's the gift that keeps on giving....

And yeah, I'm sick of all of this stuff. I just want to be healed and healthy again.   (even my surgeon feels really bad for me, because just about the most complicated gallbladder removal she's ever done).