Issue re-adding a drive after a RAID rebuild.

CharredChar

Question

So this is the first time I've had a drive failure while using DrivePool. I'd like to first say I am quite happy with how the software handled the missing drive, locking the rest of the drives from writing when one went missing helped prevent any errors with SnapRAID.

I am now coming across an issue though. As SnapRAID has recreated all of the files on the disk, including the PoolPart folder, everything sees the drive as the same one it replaced beyond its UUID being different which seems to have caused a conflict in DrivePool. More specifically is that the drive "reappeared" in the pool but it also sees the drive as being one it can add.

post-4274-0-81565800-1487441249_thumb.png

3 answers to this question

I see. I ended up removing all the data from the PoolPart folders, removing all drives and recreating my pools as it seemed I have a few other issues lingering. Some times it is best to just start fresh... Since this is more than likely to come up again in the future (drive failures are inevitable...) I will remember a settings reset will fix it, assuming I don't have the future version by then. My settings are pretty simple so this actually takes less time than redoing the pools.