Uninstalled CloudDrive - but WHS still reporting errors with the drive.

dlr1984

Question

Hi,

I've uninstalled CloudDrive, at this stage it wasn't for me. I used the uninstaller in add/remove programmes and the uninstall reported complete. After restarting the server I see the CloudDrive window still starts to load, WHS 2011 reports errors with the drive created using CloudDrive (linked to Onedrive). A short while later I get Blue Screen of Death.

Not sure if the crash is related to CloudDrive yet but I'd like to understand why the server still thinks CloudDrive is installed. It's no longer listing as installed in Add/Remove Programs.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dominic

3 answers to this question

Hi Drashna,

Yes, the services are still present for Clouddrive. I was able to boot the server in safe mode and stop these services starting - which has stopped the BSOD crash. I'm reluctant to reinstall in case I get this crash again.

Your manual uninstall instructions say I have to uninstall Drivepool. Is this really the case as this is something I use and am very happy with? I guess uninstalling/reinstalling that would be a lot of work.

The only thing I have in device manager is Covecube Virtual Disk. Does that relate to Clouddrive or Drivepool?

Thanks,

Dominic

Well, if the service is disabled, you should be able to boot up just fine, and uninstall the software normally. And that should take care of all of the files.  

The linked method is a brute force method to remove the software, in the case of installation problems (which do occur from time to time). 

Additionally, once the software is uninstalled, the settings and cache may remain.  You may want to delete these, so that the drive isn't mounted automatically, once the software is reinstalled. 

As for the virtual disk, that depends. It's a 50/50 if it's for DrivePool or CloudDrive.  Check the driver details. if it's using covefs.sys, it's DrivePool. if it's using cloud_fs.sys, then it's CloudDrive.