ACD recognizing some chunks as photos

Statikk

Question

9 answers to this question

What version of StableBit CloudDrive are you using?

The reason I ask, is that newer versions include some obfuscation to prevent this from happening.

However, you'd need to create a new disk to ensure that it's using the newer data format. 

http://dl.covecube.com/CloudDriveWindows/beta/download/StableBit.CloudDrive_1.0.0.776_x64_BETA.exe

Do you know when you created the drive? What version?

The reason that I ask, is that any drive created after 1.0.0.378 should be encrypted, and the data pre-pended with a NULL character, which sould completely block this from happening.

If you could, open a ticket here: 

https://stablebit.com/Contact

And if you could, upload the SPECIFIC chunk you're seeing this with, as well as the drive metadata folder from ACD, and if you're using encryption on the drive or not.

Hi,

I have the same issue. I just logged in in ACD web portal and see some files being seen as pictures. I created my partition with build 723.

If I create a new partition using a more recent build, is there a way I can transfer all the data without re-downloading it and re-uploading it?

Thanks!

Hello, I came across this thread and noticed that I have 7 files on my Amazon Cloud Drive marked as photos out of 1 TB.

I did as you said above and created a ticket, but I cannot attach the chunk as it is exactly 10 MB in size and your attachment function is not allowing it and I'm unable to compress it below 10 MB.

I attached it via dropbox. I hope that is alright.

Hi,

Was there any resolution on this one? Since AWS is having issues right now I logged in to my web dashboard and it seems that approx 400mb of files are now identified as pictures. How can I identify what "real" file those 400 are pertaining?

/F

Hi,

Was there any resolution on this one? Since AWS is having issues right now I logged in to my web dashboard and it seems that approx 400mb of files are now identified as pictures. How can I identify what "real" file those 400 are pertaining?

/F

No, there wasn't really.  And this really is a "case by case" basis, as we really need to take a look at the files in question. 

When I recently saw this issue, I created a ticket and provided a couple of affected chunk files. Now I did some further investigations and identified what these files have in common:

It’s the first two characters. All my affected files start with “P1â€, “P2â€, “P3â€, “P4â€, “P5â€, “P6†or “P7â€. The rest of the file does not matter and the issue is not restricted to chunk files. It applies to any file, even to ordinary text files, which start with such a header (when I upload a .txt file to ACD with something like “P1 bla bla …â€, it shows up under “Photos & Videos†with “Could not Displayâ€).

I finally found the reason, why ACD identifies these seven two-byte strings as picture headers: These strings (P1, P2, … P7) are the seven magic numbers of the Netbpm format (portable anymap format).

Maybe this help to develop a solution.