I'm seeing poor upload performance with GD, it goes somewhere between 0 to 150 mbps (on average 50-70mbps) but very rarely above that.
An regular Speedtest https://goo.gl/iRjC8o
Looking over the logs I can't see any Rate limit or similar, just a bunch of Write chunk
14:48:50.5: Information: 0 : [GoogleDriveIoProvider:39] [W] Writing chunk 37,743.14:48:51.1: Information: 0 : [GoogleDriveIoProvider:29] [W] Writing chunk 37,744.14:48:51.9: Information: 0 : [GoogleDriveIoProvider:64] [W] Writing chunk 37,745.14:48:53.3: Information: 0 : [GoogleDriveIoProvider:14] [W] Writing chunk 37,746.14:48:54.8: Information: 0 : [GoogleDriveIoProvider:45] [W] Writing chunk 37,747.14:48:57.1: Information: 0 : [GoogleDriveIoProvider:41] [W] Writing chunk 37,748.
Ubuntu server with samba (main storage for now)->1gbit lan->Windows 10 PC with clouddrive->google drive
So I take it this is something related to my ISP or something between me and Google?
I'm investigateing now if my data gets uploaded to EU or US datacenters (I'm located in the EU) Uploaded to EU/Amsterdam
For comparision I can saturate my bandwith with the same Google Drive using rlcone, so this must be a CloudDrive issue.
One thing that I've noticed is when I pause the transfer to the CloudDrive (and Clouddrive just sits uploading) I'm seeing a lot better bandwith usage (nearly 100%). I've now tried several (SSD) disk on different PC but they all suffer the same fate.
So I think I got this down to IO issues, it seems better without encryption but I'd love haveing that. Task manager gives a pretty good hint as to the disk beeing excessevly used (I'm assuming due to the cache in CloudDrive). Perhaps this need some attention, also an RAM option would be nice here (for us with plenty of it). I tried creating a RAMdrive to see if that helped (use as a cache drive) but CloudDrive won't recognize it