Moving Windows 10 apps to a drivepooled drive

snewman

Question

I have a situation where my SDD boot drive is a bit tool small to store my windows app games.  I recently got a copy of gear of war 4 and it will not fit on my drive c bit I do keep my games and windows programs stored on my drive H (drive pooled drive).  It has worked great until I ran into this problem.  When I select drive H to store my windows apps on it will ALWAYS resent to drive c.  I can successfully select drive d or drive e ( the 2 physical drivepool drives) and it will keep that setting.  It will not keep the setting for the pooled drive H.

Has anyone found a solution to this issue yet?  Any help would be appreciated...

post-2761-0-01248400-1476656289_thumb.jpg

3 answers to this question

windows knows it not a physical drive - possibly thinks its a usb drive

Nope, it's not a removable drive thing.  It's checking something and it's not being reported correctly. 

(the newer versions of drivePool treat the drive as non-removable, and this still happens). 

I've let Alex (the Developer) know about this, so we can look into it. 

https://stablebit.com/Admin/IssueAnalysis/27212

Note: Alex is already aware of the issue and is/was looking into it.

Okay, Alex has replied to this, and basically, it's not possible for us to support this, because of how it works. 

Basically, the functionality depends on EFS (encrypted file system) and we don't really support for a number of reasons.   And ... a lot of how it works is obfuscated and designed to ONLY work on NTFS, and the like. 

So for now, it just isn't compatible. 

You can read Alex's in depth response using the link above.