Duplication error on v1.3.7585 on WHS 2011 - can I upgrade to v2.x to fix?

WHS_Owner

Question

Hi all,

I've been getting the following duplication errors for a while now:

https://gyazo.com/784111cf83d49caeabf9ba33445da2ad

"There were problems checking, duplicating or cleaning..." etc etc. Even if I tick the "Auto resolve file duplication" button and continue the error reappears after balancing again...and again... 

The 4 files it lists are just thumbs.db files, but even if I try to recreate them in the folder they are supposed to be in, I can't as Windows says they are there...but they are not. Anyway...I understand this sort of error may be fixed in the latest 2.x version of Stablebit Drivepool, can I easily upgrade from my older version to a newer version?

I downloaded the installer and it said I had to uninstall Drivepool first, wouldn't this mess up my backups/pool?

Thanks for the help, just want to make sure my date is safe!

:-)

3 answers to this question

I'm not entirely sure that upgrading to the 2.X version will fix this issue, but you can definitely try.

To upgrade, the process is relatively simple, but you'll want to do this exactly.

1. Uninstall StableBit DrivePool 1.X from the system (use the dashboard)
  2. Reboot the system.(this is necessary to unload the driver for the pool)
  3. Install the StableBit DrivePool 2.X version (it should pull the activation info from the 1.X install)
  4. Reboot the system again (this is necessary to ensure that everything has a chance to see the pool while starting up)

That's it. Duplication settings will be retained, as will the shares and the pool drive letter. However, balancer settings won't be retained.